Sunday, 9 February 2014
Friday, 6 December 2013
We have until 10th December to send comments to the Council Planning Committee about the University's plans for the new school on Weoley Park Road.
Responses must only relate to planning issues if it is to be considered by the Planning Committee:
Think about the following points:
· Impact to additional traffic on surrounding roads e.g. Weoley Park Road, Bristol Road, Gibbins Road, Weoley Hill etc.
· Increased traffic flow at peak hours on already congested roads - currently the plans only expect a small % increase so don’t see the need to cater for any additional issues - is that what you see around schools at peak drop off and pick up times.
· Have you tried to go down Lodge Hill Road when St Mary's is finishing for the day - this school will have around 3 times the number of pupils so 3 times the number of cars at peak times – and during parent evenings etc.
· Impact of parking on Weoley Park Rd access roads and neighbouring roads
· Closure to all school traffic of the Fox Hill entrance to the site
Request: The Planning Committee to defer the planning application, subject to a Members site visit and discussion with the local residents
· Email: www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningcomments using the
‘Planning Online’ tool using reference 2013/08357/PA
· By Post to: Planning and Regeneration, PO Box 28 Birmingham B1 1TU, quoting the same reference number as above
The proposed catchment areas are out of scope of the planning committee so any comments on these will be ignored.
Sunday, 3 November 2013
Saturday, 19 October 2013
On 17th of October the City Planning Committee approved the outline plans for the Battery Site. This decision followed the offer of additional funding for the Lapal Canal and a clear indication that other design changes will be made before the full plans are submitted. Critically the developers have agreed to work with the local community on key aspects of the design such as the Bristol Rd frontage and the Student Residences.
Tuesday, 17 September 2013
|Copyright LCT used with permission|
12 noon Sat 21st September
Meet by the Car Park in Selly Oak Park
Begin at noon in Selly Oak Park and ramble to Halesowen along the Lapal Line and the proposed "OTT"
route through Woodgate Valley, pausing for brief explanations. Take a longer pause in California to eat a self-provided picnic lunch, and conclude with a self-provided picnic tea on arrival at The Leasowes.
(You may wish to participate in friendly exchanges of cake?) This may be followed by an optional visit to a local watering-hole.